I'd been kicking the idea of starting a blog around for months. You see, deep down, I'm a writer, and I'll always be a writer. A blog gives me a reason to write regularly.
My problem was figuring out what I'm interested in that others would be interested in reading. I asked friends and relatives and it all kind of came back to one thing: food. I love cooking, I love eating, and I love learning new things about food. I'm kind of a food nerd without the pretentious "foodie" attitude.
So that's what The Omnomnomicon is for. It's going to be a collection of fun facts about food and food culture, maybe some recipes I like, and just general observations about what we stuff our faces with every day. It's a food blog that isn't pretentious, but kind of silly. I hope you enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment